HAMAMATSU, Japan, Jan 16, 2019 – Elysium announces a version-up release, InfiPoints v5.0. Elysium has developed new technology for increasing the success rate of automatic registration of large-scale point clouds. New functionality also includes the ability to create valves based on the scan data of plants, buildings and ships.
- Registering data in outdoor environments automatically is possible for example in exterior plants, construction sites and historic sites with fewer planes, such as walls of buildings.
- Automatically register and align the point cloud using reference points, automatically extracted planes and in addition, the new version supports automatic registration using the top view (silhouette) of the scan.
- Reduces time and effort with automatic registration avoiding manual labor.
Support for Valve Modeling and Export to BIM Software
- Added functionality for creating valves from the scanned point cloud and add attributes such as valve location and type in the piping group.
- Utilize the created valves as a system diagram when performing renewal construction.
- Reduce time for creating BIM models of pipes, valves, and 3D isometric drawings by exporting the models in IFC format or standard formats and importing the models into CAD systems.
Elysium develops interoperability solutions for digital design and PLM markets, with millions of files translated and thousands of customers worldwide. Founded in 1984, Elysium is headquartered in Hamamatsu, Japan, and has additional offices in France, Germany, and the US Elysium currently supports data exchange among ACIS, CADmeister, CATIA V4/V5/V6, Creo Elements/Direct, Creo Parametric, DELMIA, Inventor, JT, NX, NX I-deas, Parasolid, PLM XML, SIMULIA Abaqus, SOLIDWORKS, Systema, 3D XML, XVL and the STEP and STL standards. Elysium products, including ASFALIS, CADdoctor, and CADfeature, are the favored solutions of many leading companies for translating, repairing, and ensuring the product data quality of 3D CAD/CAM and CAE models.
For more information, visit www.elysium-global.com.